Social Icons

Seven Months


Dear Micah, 
I could write you an entire letter about how fast your first seven months of life have gone. It's so crazy to me that you're close to a year now. You're so much fun to have around and you make our family life so enjoyable. 

You fill the role of little brother perfectly. I can see it whenever Eden is near you that you adore her, and I know she feels the same about you. You've started getting a little selfish with toys lately, but Eden understands that you don't know how to share yet so she'll reluctantly but happily share her toys with you when you cry for them.

Lately, you've just begun to show signs that you're starting separation anxiety. Secretly I adore this, but know that it makes it hard for your mommy when she wants to leave the room and not tote you on my hip. It won't be long though, and I know you'll come find me all on your own. You can get anywhere you want to go though you aren't crawling. You scoot, roll, and do some of the strangest acrobatics I've ever seen, but you get to where you want to go.

You're a pretty determined little guy. Somehow you know you've got weight on your side and can bend and squirm to reach what you want when someone is holding you; you're 25 pounds after all. 
I think besides nursing, eating baby food is your favorite daily activity. You only started eating less than a month ago and now you eat two times a day. I love how you're not picky, but gobble up anything on the spoon that goes in your mouth. I know you can't tell me, but I think anything with mangos in is your favorite.

Speaking of favorites, you love unconventional toys. I know all babies do this to a degree, but you love boxes, or bottles, plates, or paper. It's so sweet to watch you rip paper to shreds and squeal with delight at your accomplishment.

Sleeping is not on your list of priorities these days, but I have a hunch it's due to teething. We've tried a lot of things to help you sleep: putting my breast pads on your chest, swaddling you, a white noise machine, and using a nuk, but you just want to sleep in mommy's arms. It makes me pretty tired, but every night I think about how in just a few short years you'll never want me to do it, so I cuddle you and smile because you want me now.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!