Social Icons

On Being Sentimental

Lately I've been taking inventory of life: the things I spend my time on, where my money goes, emotions I have, and what makes me happy, etc. When I'm really honest with myself, I really want to clean up certain areas of my life.
I spend too much time on the internet, spend money I shouldn't on clothes, am irrational, and my list goes on. But I always get stuck on the happy part, it overwhelms me.
I have a husband who is simply put, incredible. There was even a random lady at the airport once who commented on how nice he is and she wished her husband were like him. Well, I have that. I have two kids who rock my world, always. Despite the constant tiredness and meeting demands, I get to be with them and never miss a thing. I get to hear Eden belly laugh at the most simple things, and see Micah light up when I just talk to him. It's crazy to think of all I have.
I remember telling Mike all the time that I feel emotional when I just look at the kids. Granted, that may have been leftover pregnancy hormones, because I don't feel like that now. But in my heart, and in my tenderness, I love what God has given me. It's so much and it's so beautiful.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!