Social Icons

The dress-up drawer

Last week, I felt the urge to do a little spring cleaning. Looking back, I wish I'd have taken advantage of that fleeting urge, but oh well. So of all the tasks that needed to be done, you might think I would have chosen to fold the mounds of laundry thrown on the couch, or cleaned the crumbs out of the corners of the kitchen floor, or perhaps something easy like clean off the table. No, not this time. I chose to clean out Eden's dresser and make space for an entire empty drawer. I filled the empty drawer to over-flowing with dress-up clothes, hats, and shoes that I've accumulated over the years. Some are silly, some are cute, and some are my very own from when I was a little girl. My logic told me not to do this task, it'd only be one more thing to pick up at the end of the day, but my heart told me that this is the thing little girls (and their little brother's) are made of.
My heart won.


And Eden loves it. It's actually the first drawer she goes to in the morning to get herself dressed. 


But I never thought of the consequences it would have for Micah.


I'm pretty sure this is baby language 101 for "hmmmm...


"...I'm appalled."



No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!