Social Icons

Dear Michael

Dear Michael,
Right now, you're somewhere between North Carolina and home. I hope you're getting close, because I sure do miss you.
Today was kinda quiet. The kids slept a half an hour later than I thought they would this morning and when I went to get Micah out of his crib, he asked for you, of course. I told him you were gone, made some noises like an airplane, and he said again "Daddy, peease". 
Eden asked me all day if you'd tuck her in tonight. Of course, he always does.
Our neighbor and I chatted under the shade of a tree while the kids played. She invited us to go to the German club where they belong. I quickly thought back a month ago, and jumped at the chance. 
It's not always easy for me to say yes, but hard times produce beautiful things. A simple thing like today was a beautiful thing.
Micah was happy as ever digging and dumping little stones into trucks. See how his little knuckles are dimpled? I love those little qualities that are still so baby-like in him. He said "sure" today and is getting more naughty than ever. If Eden even uses tone with him, well, he's ready for combat.

He was so busy at the German club. They had a little playground and he was so happy just playing alone but having me close by. I was sort of worried when we first got there.
He refused to walk. I know how you are with me carrying him with my ankle now, and whew! I was worried. So thankful that our neighbor is creative with words and she coaxed him into walking down this little wooded trail.

I have to tell you, I saw the biggest oak tree there that I've ever seen in my life. It just amazed me. We've got to plant one of those. Maybe in two hundred years our house won't be here or anything else, but if we planted an oak? pretty sure she'd still be standing.

 Eden had a hard time waking up from a nap. I know, it's becoming the norm.
She was so proud of herself that she wrote a perfect "A" today, and so was I. I love her love of learning, it inspires me and at the same time reminds me so much of you.
Yesterday when we went to Culver's, I had the windows down on our drive and the music was turned up. Eden heard the Lumineers song that she loves and smiled one of the biggest smiles that I think I've ever seen. I could see all of her teeth, even the back ones.
After we ate, I let the kids eat custard until they said it was enough. I get so tired of being the rule maker in all things, so I let loose yesterday. Both of them pushed their cups of custard over to me before they could finish. Then today I let Eden eat her cereal with creamer as her milk. She loved it.
Saying yes and bending rules: two things that the kids needed from me since you've been gone. They're things that remind me of you and gives me a better picture of your heart.
I  love you Michael and sure hope you come home soon.
We all  miss you like crazy,
Love, Raelle

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!