Social Icons

Wowza

I have a confession to make, and it's something that I'm not proud of:
I lack confidence as a parent.
I don't know why it's hard to admit, 
but it is.
I constantly wonder if I'm doing the right thing
and always knowing what I want my parenting to be.
I think it's an area that I really need to let Jesus take over.
I'm sensitive about it, and for some reason that's hard to admit.

This morning, we went to our first homeschool co-op meeting (no, these pictures aren't from there).
Again, I was lacking confidence.
It really took over me this morning, even before we left.
Just a huge overwhelming cloud of "can I do this?", "this is too big of a task?", and other things of that nature.
I left the house feeling defeated and deflated.
Feeling scared.
But I think it's my weakness, and I think Satan knows how he can bring me down.
Thankfully, Jesus is bigger, so much bigger than all of this.

I've had a family member tell me before that I'm "not a home school mom".
I'm not a planner.
And I'd ditch curriculum books any day over a pile of fabric or bottles of paint.
I swear I've gotten dumber in the last four years of my life,
and my attention span shows it.
I love distractions and I'm not disciplined.
I love fun and perimeters make me feel trapped.
I usually think about dinner twenty minutes before we're supposed to eat it, and that
is what intimidates me.

Myself.
How in the world can I, one mess of a person, teach my children an education?
But God can.
Galations 2:20 I no longer live, but the Messiah lives in me,
and the life that I am now living in this body I live by
the faithfulness of the Son of God,
who gave himself for me.

Just like my mom encouraged me this weekend,
"lay it at the feet of Jesus".
I have this desire in my heart.
This crazy desire to teach my children.
When I look at it from the feet of Jesus, looking up, it's so beautiful.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

C said...

One of my college professors pulled her daughter out of school several years ago and has been homeschooling her and her son ever since. She is not a curriculum person either. She is an arts and crafts and walks by the lake and do mosaics and write in journals and cook up a storm person. I love watching the way she teaches her kids:)
- Cara